This is an archive page that is no longer being updated. It may contain outdated information and links may no longer function as originally intended.
Sources used to produce this document
Executive Office of the President Office of National Drug Control Policy
- National Drug Control Budget: FY 2011 Funding Highlights February 2010.
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Justice Programs
Bureau of Justice Statistics
- American Indians and Crime, 1992-2002, NCJ 203097, December 2004.
- Census of State and Federal Correctional Facilities, 2000, NCJ 198272, August 2003.
- Census of State and Federal Correctional Facilities, 2005, NCJ 222182, October 2008.
- Characteristics of Adults on Probation, 1995, NCJ 164267, December 1997.
- Compendium of Federal Justice Statistics, 2004, NCJ 213476, December 2006.
- Correctional Populations in the United States, annual.
- Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2007, Statistical Tables, Table 32.
- Drug Use, Testing, and Treatment in Jails, NCJ 179999, May 2000.
- Drug Use and Dependence, State and Federal Prisoners, 2004, NCJ 213530, October 2006.
- DWI Offenders under Correctional Supervision, NCJ 172212, June 1999.
- Federal Drug Offenders, 1999 with Trends 1984-99, NCJ 187285, August 2001.
- Federal Justice Statistics 2005, NCJ 218524, September 2008.
- Federal Justice Statistics 2006, Statistical Tables, NCJ 225711, May 2009.
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers, 2004, NCJ 212750, July 2006.
- Felony Defendants in Large Urban Counties, 2004, NCJ 221152, April 2008.
- The Gallup Report, National Opinion Research Center, are presented in BJS Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics, 2001.
- HIV in Prisons and Jails, 2002, NCJ 205333, December 2004.
- Incarcerated Parents and Their Children, NCJ 182335, August 2000.
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2008, jointly with the U.S. Department of Education, NCJ 228478, December 2009.
- Juvenile Delinquents in the Federal Criminal Justice System, NCJ 163066, January 1997.
- Law Enforcement Management and Administrative Statistics, 2000: Data for Individual State and Local Agencies with 100 or More Officers, NCJ 203350, April 2004.
- Local Police Departments 2003, NCJ 210118, May 2006.
- Medical Problems of Prisoners, NCJ 221740, April 2008.
- Mental Health and Treatment of Inmates and Probationers, NCJ 174463, July 1999.
- Mental Health Problems of Prison and Jail Inmates, NCJ 213600, September 2006.
- Money Laundering Offenders, 1994-2001, NCJ 199574, June 2003.
- Parents in Prison and Their Minor Children, NCJ 222984, August 2008.
- Prior Abuse Reported by Inmates and Probationers, NCJ 172879, April 1999.
- Prisoners in 2007, NCJ 224280, December 2008.
- Probation and Parole in the United States, 2007 - Statistical Tables, NCJ 224707, December 2008.
- Profile of Jail Inmates, 2002, NCJ 201932, July 2004.
- Prosecutors in State Courts, 2005, NCJ 213799, July 2006.
- Sheriffs' Offices 2003, NCJ 211361, May 2006.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics Online, Table 4.38, May 2008 revision and Drug Enforcement Administration's Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program, by State, 2007.
- State Court Sentencing of Convicted Felons, 2004, Statistical Tables, NCJ 217995, July 2007.
- Substance Abuse and Treatment of Adults on Probation, 1995, NCJ 166611, March 1998.
- Substance Abuse and Treatment, State and Federal Prisoners, 1997, NCJ 172871, January 1999.
- Substance Dependence, Abuse, and Treatment of Jail Inmates, 2002, NCJ 209588, July 2005.
- Time Served in Prison by Federal Offenders, 1986-97, NCJ 171682, June 1999.
- Veterans in State and Federal Prison, 2004 , NCJ 217199, May 2007.
- Violence by Intimates, NCJ 167237, March 1998.
- Violence in the Workplace, 1993-99, NCJ 190076, December 2001.
- Violent Victimization of College Students, 1995-2000, NCJ 196143, December 2003.
- 1996-1997 Update: HIV/AIDS, STDs, and TB in Correctional Facilities, (Acrobat file 561K) NCJ 176344, July 1999.
- Census of Juveniles in Residential Placement Databook, (Acrobat file 128K) FS 200008, 2001.
- Juvenile Offenders and Victims: 2006 National Report, (Acrobat file 9.46MB) NCJ 212906, March 2006.
- Delinquency Cases in Juvenile Court, 2002, Fact Sheet, (Acrobat file 179.4KB) NCJ FS 200602, November 2006.
- Federal-Wide Drug Seizure System (FDSS)
- Uniform Crime Reports, Crime in the United States, annually.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
National Institute on Drug Abuse
- University of Michigan, Monitoring the Future National Results on Adolescent Drug Use: Overview of Key Findings 2008, May 2009. (Acrobat file 971.57 KB).
- Press release: Various stimulant drugs show continuing gradual declines among teens in 2008, most illicit drugs hold steady, University of Michigan News and Information Services, December 11, 2008. (Acrobat file 767.5 KB).
- University of Michigan, Monitoring the Future National Survey Results on Drug Use, 1975-2007, Volume II: College Students and Adults Ages 19-45, 2007, October 2008. (Acrobat file 2.13 MB).
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Office of Applied Studies, Drug Abuse Warning Network, 2005: Area Profiles of Drug-Related Mortality, May 2009.
- Office of Applied Studies, 2006 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: National Findings, September 2007.
- Office of Applied Studies, Drug Abuse Warning Network, 2006: National Estimates of Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits, Rockville, MD, 2008.
- Office of Applied Studies, Drug Abuse Warning Network, National Estimates of Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits, Rockville, Md 2008.
- Office of Applied Studies, Worker Substance Use and Workplace Policies and Programs. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 07-4273, Analytic Series A-29, Rockville, MD, 2007.