Presents tables with detailed data on major items measured by the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS). Topics include—
- crimes of violence (rape/sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated and simple assault), property crimes (household burglary, theft, and motor vehicle theft), and personal theft (pocket picking and completed and attempted purse snatching)
- demographic characteristics of victims, including age, sex, race, Hispanic origin, marital status, household income, and educational level
- characteristics of crime victimization, including time and place of occurrence, weapon use, self protection, injury and medical care, victim-offender relationship, offender characteristics, time lost from work, and economic losses
- crimes reported and not reported to police, victims' reasons for reporting or not reporting crimes, and police response time.
These annual data, in 110 fully indexed tables, are released electronically and disseminated through the BJS website.
Download one table at a time, all the tables, or a section of the tables:
- One table at a time
- Table index - Keyword access to the most current tables through drill-down index. Spreadsheets and tables from prior editions are also available.
- Complete set of tables, 1.6M
- Complete set of tables - Spreadsheets, 243K
- Demography of victims, 1M
- Demography of victims - Spreadsheets, 49K
- Victims and offenders, 1M
- Victims and offenders - Spreadsheets, 26K
- The crime event, 239K
- The crime event - Spreadsheets, 46K
- Victims and the criminal justice system, 1M
- Victims and the criminal justice system - Spreadsheets, 32K
- Series victimizations, 959K
- Series victimizations - Spreadsheet, 5K
- Methodology, 107K
- Methodology, 35K