BJS is seeking a Statistician (Social Science) for the Statistical Operations Division. Job duties include—
- consulting and collaborating with criminal justice agency representatives including state, tribal, and local governmental officials, consumers, and/or personnel within the Department of Justice to advise about ongoing and established statistical studies or other projects where extensive methodological or subject-matter advice and interpretation is required
- performing various statistical data collection activities, such as preparing, processing, analyzing, and coordinating core and periodic data collections
- ensuring the effective collection of statistical data and the use of appropriate collection systems to satisfy immediate, mid-range, and long-term statistical data collection requirements
- managing, leading, or performing work applying statistical theories, techniques, and methods for gathering, studying, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on statistical information
- preparing a variety of statistical products, questionnaires, reports, presentations, and other written documentation that support statistical findings and dissemination for audiences including the criminal justice community, Congress, Department officials, and the general public.
Applications are due by February 13, 2023. Apply now.