- FY 2022 Current Solicitations
- Trends and Patterns in Firearm Violence, 1993–2018
- Corrections Statistical Analysis Tool (CSAT) - Prisoners
- Correctional Populations in the United States, 2020 – Statistical Tables
- Pretrial Release and Misconduct in Federal District Courts, Fiscal Years 2011–2018
- Update on the NCVS Instrument Redesign
- Criminal Victimization, 2020 – Supplemental Statistical Tables
- The Nation’s Two Crime Measures, 2011–2020
This report describes trends and patterns in fatal and nonfatal firearm violence from 1993 to 2018 and for the more recent period of 2014 to 2018. The report includes data on the type of firearm...
Number of persons under the supervision of adult correctional systems in the United States, 2010–2020
- At yearend 2020, an estimated 5,500,600 persons were under the supervision of adult correctional systems in the United States, 11% fewer than at the same time the previous year (adjusted for persons on dual correctional statuses).
- The decline in the correctional population in 2020 was due to decreases in both the community supervision population (down 276,700 or 6.6%) and the incarcerated population (down 294,400 or 18.9%).
- About 1 in 47 adult U.S. residents (2.1%) were under some form of correctional supervision at the end of 2020, a decrease from 1 in 40 (2.5%) at the end of 2019.
- About 7 in 10 persons under correctional supervision were supervised in the community (3,890,400) at yearend 2020, while about 3 in 10 (1,691,600) were incarcerated in a state or federal prison or local jail.
Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics, Correctional Populations in the United States, 2020 – Statistical Tables (NCJ 303184, BJS, March 2022)