Eighth in the annual series, this report describes all aspects of processing in the Federal justice system, including numbers of persons prosecuted, convicted, incarcerated, sentenced to probation, released pretrial, and under parole or other supervision. Data are presented both nationally and by Federal judicial district and describe events completed in the given year.
Case processing data for 1993 by Federal district are available in spreadsheet format in the Crime & Justice Electronic Data Abstracts.
Interactive tabulations of Federal criminal case processing data are available from the Federal Justice Statistics Resource Center.
- Full Report, 1.2M
- Introduction, 97K
- Chapter 1: Prosecution, 42K
- Chapter 1: Prosecution - Spreadsheets of 5 tables, 25K
- Chapter 2: Pretrial release, 82K
- Chapter 2: Pretrial release - Spreadsheets of 10 tables, 51K
- Chapter 3: Adjudication, 38K
- Chapter 3: Adjudication - Spreadsheets of 4 tables, 24K
- Chapter 4: Sentencing, 48K
- Chapter 4: Sentencing - Spreadsheets of 6 tables, 30K
- Chapter 5: Corrections, 92K
- Chapter 5: Corrections - Spreadsheets of 8 tables, 41K
- Distinct Tables, 829K
- Spreadsheets of 17 tables, 223K
- Codebooks and Datasets