BJS seeks a Supervisory Statistician (Social Science) to maintain, enhance, and expand major statistical series and programs to ensure that the knowledge created has utility to stakeholders and that BJS's data collection activities are implemented in ways that maintain the trust and confidence of its data providers. Job duties include—
- supervising a group of employees performing work at the GS-9 to GS-14 levels
- providing administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit
- performing the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised
- developing annual work plans through the employee performance-management system
- recommending or approving appointments, selections, or reassignments to positions appropriate to the selection authority delegated.
Applications are due by August 28, 2023. Apply now.