- FY 2022 Current Solicitations
- HIV in Prisons, 2020 – Statistical Tables
- Federal Criminal Case Processing Statistics Tool 2020 Update
- Federal Justice Statistics, 2020
- Trends and Patterns in Firearm Violence, 1993–2018
- Corrections Statistical Analysis Tool (CSAT) - Prisoners
- Correctional Populations in the United States, 2020 – Statistical Tables
- Pretrial Release and Misconduct in Federal District Courts, Fiscal Years 2011–2018
This report provides data on persons in the custody of state and federal correctional authorities who were known to be living with HIV in 2020. The report presents national- and jurisdiction-level estimates of...
Number of persons under the supervision of adult correctional systems in the United States, 2010–2020
- At yearend 2020, an estimated 5,500,600 persons were under the supervision of adult correctional systems in the United States, 11% fewer than at the same time the previous year (adjusted for persons on dual correctional statuses).
- The decline in the correctional population in 2020 was due to decreases in both the community supervision population (down 276,700 or 6.6%) and the incarcerated population (down 294,400 or 18.9%).
- About 1 in 47 adult U.S. residents (2.1%) were under some form of correctional supervision at the end of 2020, a decrease from 1 in 40 (2.5%) at the end of 2019.
- About 7 in 10 persons under correctional supervision were supervised in the community (3,890,400) at yearend 2020, while about 3 in 10 (1,691,600) were incarcerated in a state or federal prison or local jail.
Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics, Correctional Populations in the United States, 2020 – Statistical Tables (NCJ 303184, BJS, March 2022)